Services for Organisations
South Coast Occupational Therapy Ltd offer various organisations the following:
- Housing Associations/Authorities – provision of independent assessment & reports recommending adaptations to properties – this could either be under the Disabled Facilities Grant, Decent Homes funding, or Private Housing Renewal local funding. South Coast Occupational Therapy would also be to provide advice on the suitability of properties to meet clients needs (e.g. allocations of properties from housing waiting lists).
- Charities – reports for Charitable Organisations to support funding applications for equipment or adaptations.
- Mobility assessments - South Coast Occupational Therapy can offer a mobility assessment service for organisations administering the Blue Car Badge scheme for parking.
- Insurance Companies - independent Occupational Therapy assessment reports for claims management of Total & Permanent Disability, Income Protection, and Long Term Care insurance. Caroline Wright has been retained by one of the largest worldwide re-insurance companies for the last 12 years, and has completed over 150 reports for insurance claim management. She is willing to travel and can cover the whole of the south coast, home counties & London for this work. Please contact her for details should you require further information.
- Nursing & Care Homes – independent Occupational Therapy advice around care plans for individual residents (e.g. moving and handling advice; specialist equipment). Standard 22 assessments for National Minimum Standards for Care Homes (CSCI – Commission for Social Care Inspection)
- Local Authorities/Hospitals – individual case work or block contracts to clear waiting lists.
- Private Hospitals – South Coast Occupational Therapy Ltd is a registered provider with the major private health insurance companies, and would be able to visit clients in hospital to assist with discharge planning and rehabilitation following surgery. Occupational Therapy is particularly beneficial following joint replacement surgery (e.g. total hip replacement, total knee replacement).
- Hospices – Provision of independent advice to maintain and maximise functional ability for clients with palliative conditions – this may involve fast-tracking provision for equipment and adaptations.
- Case Management – Provision of a service to assist in management of cases for long term conditions e.g. spinal injury. This would involve and initial assessment, care planning, arranging packages of care, negotiating with statutory providers, reviewing treatment packages, and review.
- Return to Work – Independent reports & programmes to support return to work plans available to individuals, corporate, or statutory agencies
- Disability Benefits – South Coast Occupational Therapy would be able to assist with the completion of Disability Benefit forms, and provide an independent Occupational Therapy report to support your application.